I have an extreme case of PD, upward and back. I have used treatments ranging from Potaba to verapamil alone or with DMSO topically. Any advice you can give for this extreme case of PD and any other steps to consider?

How Can We Help?
< Back
You are here:

Dr. Levine answers: If you have severe PD which is compromising your sexual function and you have not responded to these topical or oral therapies, I would suggest that you speak to an authority in the treatment to Peyronie’s disease. There is a list of suggested physicians who have some expertise in PD on this website. You should be aware that none of the oral or topical therapies have shown any significant benefit in clinical trials. Additional options you could consider include intralesional injections of verapamil or interferon, use of a penile external stretching device (FastSize), and of course the gold standard for correction of severe deformity is surgery.

Previous I have a slight curvature upward, a slight indentation in the middle of my shaft, and a small hard spot at the base. The hard spot and the pain started in the middle of the shaft, but have moved progressively to the base. Is this common?
Next I have been experiencing Peyronie’s disease for the last 6 months or so. Currently, the bend is about 30 degrees. The scar is on the right of upper part of penis, leading to curvature towards right side. Continuous pain is associated even when it is flaccid. When erected, it remains the same and becomes more precise at the point of scar. When once in a blue moon the pain is not present, I feel sexual desire. Otherwise it is not that much intense. Moreover it has been superimposed by severe depression. Would you suggest something to get around it? Especially pain associated with it as it has made my life miserable.
Table of Contents