Is there any way of determining exactly how long one has had PD?

How Can We Help?
< Back
You are here:

Dr. Levine answers: This is a good question. For the man who develops acute onset of PD, the typical findings are pain in the penis, either followed by or preceded by the presence of a palpable nodule or lump, which is then followed by a shape deformity of the penis. Most commonly the deformity is curvature, but it can also be an indentation/narrowing or shortening of the shaft. Up to 90% of my patients also experience some diminished erectile rigidity. This may be due to underlying vascular or structural problems, but may also be due to psychogenic inhibition because of the distress caused by the change in the shape of the penis.

Previous Is there any data from the pilot study performed by Dr. Levine on traction therapy with respect to patient’s response tracked during the 6-month study?
Next My bend is about 35% down and slightly to the right. Though I have never felt a plaque of any kind, there is a small indent in the right side close to the base. I do not experience pain unless I undergo more than one erection in a short amount of time. In the past few years, I have noticed a definite decrease in size, strength, stamina and intensity of climax. My urine flow has decreased and my penis in the flaccid state is both smaller and more limp than it ever has been. I can achieve erections, but for a short period of time and with little to no build up to a less than satisfying orgasm. These problems seem to be worsening. I am 27 and do not want the condition to worsen. Does this sound like a specific condition or symptom of PD and if so, what can I do?
Table of Contents