Will I obtain benefits if I rub collagenase instead of hydrocortisone on the place I feel the damage?

How Can We Help?
< Back
You are here:

Dr. Levine answers: If you can obtain collagenase, which to my knowledge is not at all available, it would be absolutely contraindicated to place this agent on the skin as it could cause a significant injury in that area. Injectable collagenase, in time will hopefully be available in an upcoming multi-center study to determine whether it can result in a chemical breakdown of a Peyronie’s plaque, but these studies have not begun.

Previous When I get an erection, on the left side of my penis there are 2 very visible band or lumps that are palpable, less than 3 cm, that appear to be in the erectile tissue, that span across the left side of the shaft which become bigger and harder when I get an erection and smaller as I am flaccid though still being visible. Sometimes they ache especially when I get an erection and touch them but the pain subsides when flaccid. They are sometimes very hard almost like they are calcified when erect. My physician said this was scar tissue and could be removed with surgery. I have no bend. Is it possible to see the plaques that are present in Peyronie’s disease? Could this be Peyronie’s disease?
Next Will the combination of Dupuytren’s contracture and Peyronie’s disease make a cure or improvement less likely?
Table of Contents